Monday, August 9, 2010

A couple random thoughts and updates

I guess this is partially what a blog is for anyway right? First things first, my "T" key is experiencing about a 60% fail rate right now so please excuse any awkward mis-spellings.

Couple updates on the weekend. We went to Antico for some pizza napoletana. I was more than impressed with the fact that their website uses the .it top-level domain so I knew it was going to be special. It was. Phenomenal pizza in a very unique environment. As you can somewhat see in the picture, the seating is in the kitchen. Freshly made pizzas come out on those industrial strength cookie sheets and you eat wherever you can find a spot.

Saturday night we met up with Megan's cousin Bobby for some Thai at Surin of Thailand. Always great to spend some time with Bobby. If there's any chance in the world that I end up here, we can thank Bobby.

Sunday's mass brought us to IHM and then to the directors' home for a fabulous dinner with some new friends. What great people. I got a text from Fr. Tom that our ears should have been burning that night; it was mutual as we were telling our hosts about how Tom has inspected our lease to ensure it is, in fact, only 12 months! We're very blessed to have found a great parish in IHM. Jeff, Michael, Noah, Shannon, and Nimalie -- thanks!

That said, we're also pretty excited about meeting the group at XRex (Cathedral of Christ the King) too. Aimee thinks we're "two timing" but we're really just taking the opportunity to find the right place. More to come.

This week is a normal week of work for Aimee and me. Friday I have a piano lesson. I've found a great teacher at Emory in Dr. Laura Gordy. I love being able to take lessons again! Currently studying: Beethoven's Piano Sonata Op. 10, no. 2; Chopin's Nocturne in F minor Op. 55, no. 1; and a few pieces for piano and soprano by Fauré.

In closing, before I go watch Entourage with Aimee, here's an especially cute picture of Crowley from a couple days ago:




No comments: