Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thankful for the weekend

One of the consequences of living outside a walking distance from a host of delicious restaurants (Moe's doesn't count), is that we cook a lot more. Thought I'd share a few examples. First is Chicken Fricassee. I even made a great gravy to go along with it. This comment may only connect with a few of you, but I thought Bill Knapp's actually invented Chicken Fricassee. Man, theirs was good though...

Next I used a family recipe to make a batch of scalloped potatoes. It's amazing how good potatoes can taste with just some milk, flour, onion, and salt and pepper.


Not pictured is Panko encrusted shrimp with edamame and vegetables. Also not pictured is the Test Turkey that we are preparing this afternoon. We are hosting Aimee's parents for Thanksgiving and are new to the realm of "large bird roasting". For the rest of today we have some errands to run and likely some traffic to sit in. Hopefully sporcle.com only takes up small percentage of our day. My favorite quiz? I encourage you all to take it and refresh your memory of our U.S. presidents. Also happy birthday to my nephew Ryan -- he's 11!

For the dog picture-of-the-post, I present Crowley with Duchess, a Harlequin Great Dane who we met at Gotham Park.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Mark, I am salivating looking at your wonderful culinary results!! You are in the wrong profession -- it looks like you are a natural chef!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and Aimee!!

PS I just discovered a new recipe for chicken cacciatore that turned out to be the best I've tasted....will share if you're interested!! LOL

Mark Scozzafave said...

Sure Ann, I'd love to try your cacciatore recipe!